June 29, 2010

Colorado Card Revoked

We've had a lot going on with Nora over the last month. First and foremost, we're all finally healthy and had our first weekend with no illness in months. We had a great day on Sunday when we celebrated a friend's birthday with a hike up to Devil's Head along the Rampart Range of Colorado. (Here's a link to the trail for my Colorado folks.) This was our first hike with Nora and she's almost 9 months old! I think I'm going to have my Colorado-native citizenship revoked for waiting an entire 9 months to take Nora hiking. This my friends, is blasphemy in my fair state.

Nora had a great time on the hike. Joel had her in a hiking backpack that had her slightly elevated so that she could see out. She stayed awake for the entire hike and always made sure to look back to see if mommy was still bringing up the rear. It was so fun to be able to have her experience the outdoors and get outside and enjoy some sunshine and fresh air. Hopefully, this is just the first of many hikes this summer. We're hoping to get up to the mountains a lot more- especially to do some mushroom hunting. It feels so good to be out and about and healthy again!

P.S. My friend has all the photos on her camera so I will post when I get them.
P.P.S I had really hoped to post this as a Perfect Moment Monday but alas it's Tuesday- maybe next week!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pix, and to have your post included in Perfect Moment Mondays!

    Glad Nora got her CoCard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to hear you're all healthy and able to get out to enjoy a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of back pack carrier do you use? Is it comfortable? Can you or Joel use it or just Joel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think as long as you get the hike in under the first year, you're OK. :)

    ReplyDelete