September 15, 2009

Baby Moon

Joel and I decided to clear the over-booked calendar for a weekend and take a trip to Ojo Caliente in New Mexico. It's a hot springs that we used to go to a lot but haven't been back in such a long time. It was really nice to revisit this decidedly un-kid-friendly place.

Ironically, a friend and I went here about four years ago for a last-hurrah before baby (because of course we were going to get pregnant immediately). I'm not letting this past experience jinx me (although it did cross my mind).

It was so relaxing to just forget about everything and go soak away all of our pre-adoption anxiety. It reminded me how important it is to take time out and to focus on your relationship. We had such a great time relaxing together and talking. It was definitely worth the reality check that we both got upon returning to the real world.

6 comments:

  1. That's the place Steve and I broke down at in June. Loved it (except next time we'll stay in a cottage).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went there once several years ago. Stayed in some chakra trailers on the main road.

    Loved the springs. What a place for renewal.

    Glad you had the chance to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a relaxing get away! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome...good for you two! It sounds like it was fun. I'm hoping that we get the chance to go for a last hurrah before baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew all my Colorado gals would know Ojo. It's the best place to relax. I'm curious about the trailers. Ojo has almost tripled their prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it that I've never heard of this place? Sounds like a fabulous weekend...

    ReplyDelete