September 8, 2009

Second Meeting with K and J

I just finished our meeting with K and J today. It was so nice to be able to meet with them again. We met at Starbu.cks so it was so much more comfortable than meeting at the agency. The meeting was great. We were able to laugh and share stories and discuss names. It was so nice to be in such a relaxed environment. It was great because K brought her mom so we were also able to meet her as well and more importantly, she was able to meet us. It was such a nice meeting and I think we all feel really comfortable with each other.

It sounds like she's right on track with her due date and might potentially be a little bit early. She was also kind enough to bring an ultrasound picture for us. It's surreal to look at and to think that that might be my daughter. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my brain around what is happening. I'm not sure why this is. I can't explain my emotions at the moment. I look at the ultrasound and feel hope and excitement mingled with sadness.

Adoption is so intense. As much as you want to experience the joys of adoption you know that the process contains so much sorrow as well. It feels so hard to think about everything that K and J are going through. It's got to be such a painful process and I think my mind right now is having a hard time getting passed that. I just keep thinking about what our caseworker said to us, "take one day at a time".

For today, I'm very grateful for an amazing meeting with some very amazing people who are soon to become an intimate part of my life. I'm also beyond-words grateful for a glimpse at my future daughter.

5 comments:

  1. Awww! That must have been a fun picture to see! I can only say that the mixed feelings you're experiencing seem to be normal and healthy. Hugs to you you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful that you were able to meet K's mom; it is good to know that she has support from her family...so very important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you and your husband that you're developing such a good relationship with K and J. It sounds like you really LIKE each other, which is wonderful for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear that you had such a wonderful meeting and what a perfect place...starbucks so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intense it is, but also beautiful! I'm so glad your meeting with them went well.

    Melba

    ReplyDelete