November 24, 2010

Jen Time!

It's been a complete whirlwind of a couple of weeks! I had my business trip that ended in an emergency landing in Atlanta, a close friend in town, a big event over the weekend and lots of life changes. To say that I am feeling drained is an understatement. I've spent my morning working- and there is still plenty more to do- but right now I'm sneaking some time away at a coffee shop I used to frequent in my younger days. The view of downtown is gone but the latte and sandwich with olive tapenade are still the same.

I was tempted to feel guilty by Nora being at daycare, my messy house, piles of work, friends who deserve a phone call and all other things that compete for your time but, instead, I've decided to enjoy this moment and this time. Taking some time alone to regroup is so important and something that is so rare in motherhood. I'm thoroughly enjoying!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Sounds like a whole lotta blog post stories, minus the time to write them.

    I'm glad you took the time to nourish yourself. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No guilt - you need your time!! And for your other post, glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I was having a similar "a-ha" moment noticing that Baby C has matured seemingly overnight. How great you were able to spend some time in the morning with Nora and appreciate the changes.

    ReplyDelete