May 2, 2009

Sisters

I was looking through some domestic adoption blogs and ran across an incredible posting on a new blog I found: http://mandmadopt.blogspot.com/. This is the first time I have read this blog and it happened to be the post in which "the call" happened and they brought their baby home yesterday. It was so refreshing and inspiring to read.

In the post about "the call" Mamma Melba writes that, "my older sister gave me a "mother rising ring" that she had clearly been keeping in her purse for a long time. The envelope is wrinkled and worn". Reading this line really resonated with me so I wanted to dedicate a post to my sister.

It really is the support of those around you that gets your through this whole process and my sister has truly been through the highs and lows of this journey with me. Only a sister would be carrying around a ring in her purse for months waiting for her sister to get "the call".

My sister has been this support for me. She has coached me through the ride back to work after repeated disappointing news every time we visited our fertility clinic, she was the first person I called when I found out I was "pregnant" and was approved for adoption and she's been there for the good news and the bad. Sisters always know exactly what you need. Following a fertility related surgery she sent me a cheese basket, sometimes it's a massage at A New Spirit (my favorite spa) or after our failed match it was a beautiful bouquet of tulips to cheer us up. Most of the time it's just being an understanding and supportive friend. I'm so grateful for the love and support of my phenomenal sister.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, new blogging buddy! This brought tears to my eyes yet again. I keep thinking I'm going to run out of tears one of these days, but they just keep coming! Thank you for the honorable mention in your post. It is SO true that sisters are a Godsend. I am just now looking around your blog (and I'll probably be fairly inactive for the next little while,) but I am very interested in your story! The connections I've made through blogging are unbelievable...they too are a Godsend!

    Melba

    ReplyDelete